Table of Contents
Is a disorganized pedal board making tasks difficult? Check out these best patch cables
A pedalboard is connected through cables; if the cables are mismatched or long, it is stressful and problematic but also the long cables make it messy and heavy, which leads to more stress. So, be a beginner or a pro, a set of the best patch cables can improve your performance, keep you out of stress, and save time.
A good patch cable is not necessary to just organize your pedalboard but it affects the sound quality, therefore the durability, performance, and quality of the patch cables for your pedalboard vary depending on which you choose. One can make it alone to get the needed lengths and quality. For now, let us check out the best patch cables.
Best patch cables: product review
- Serviceable, all-metal plugs for live-sound applications
- Oxygen-free Copper (OFC) Conductor for Enhanced signal clarity
- Of Spiral Shield for Effective EMI and RFI Rejection and Flexibility
- This cable is designed to interconnect electric guitar pedal effects. Low-profile, right-angle plugs allow close spacing of pedal effects on pedalboards.
|Unit Count||6.0 Count|
|Item Weight||0.11 Kilograms|
Unlike other stiffer cables, these patch cables do not compromise on bends and twists when it comes to flexibility. The maker has put attention to flexibility because a pedal board needs flexible cables. These do not add much weight to the pedalboard as the cables are lightweight and thinner, and easy to operate. They provide one of the best sound qualities too.
These can prove to be useful when ordered in bulk and handled accordingly, but better cables can be found at this price.
Combining with the great sound quality and the feature that these can fit into any small gaps and bear several twists these patch cables seem to be the overall best considering the average price and quality.
|Connector Type||2 – 1/4″ Pancake|
|Unit Count||1.000 Count|
|Item Weight||117 Grams|
Available in two colors black and white Ernie ball flat patch cables are highly durable due to their strong construction. To ensure that these cables can deal with heavy usage in pedalboards they are out of copper material which has almost no oxygen to it. Has good sound quality.
As mentioned in the description of the product it is not much flexible, but on the other hand, it does not tangle very much too.
If you have a relatively small number of pedals on your pedalboard Ernie patch cables are the go-to product with good quality, highly robust design, and high durability.
- Solid and durable, good connection cable transmits high fidelity signal to the equipment.
- Shielding provides noise rejection for quiet operation, ultra low capacitance which lends to a pure signal transparency.
- Standard audio connector, solid outside casting, utilize ultra-pure, oxygen-free copper conductors for low capacitance and pure tone.
- Used for audio signal transmission of microphone, amplifier, mixing console and other equipment.
|Unit Count||6.0 Count|
|Number of Items||6|
Donner patch cables offer high-fidelity signal transmission that helps to cut off the noise or any disturbance and crackle. The cable is copper based and so almost oxygen-free. The build is strong and has a robust design to it. The makers claim that these cables have higher heat resistance than PVC cables.
One can get them in multicolor which can help segregate the inputs and outputs accordingly.
The only problem with donner is that due to some reason they are not widely available in the market.
If you are looking for a patch cable that is affordable and versatile, these are highly recommended and these seem to be the best at this price.
- Commercial-grade connectors with 95% OFC copper coverage shield
- 20 AWG
- Extra thick 8mm diameter braided tweed jacket to reduce handling noise
- Extreme pliability to alleviate kinking
- Backed by a lifetime guarantee
|Connector Type||Plug in|
|Unit Count||6.0 Count|
Patch cables from Fender’s Custom Shop Performance Series are exceptional in both design and functionality. These cables have strengthened connectors constructed of copper that are 95% oxygen-free, making them strong enough to withstand the inevitable abuse that artists put them to.
This set of patch cables was meticulously designed by the producer, as is typical of Fender goods. The jacket is constructed from braided high-density tweed with an 8mm diameter. By doing this, noise is decreased and the effects pedal signal is transferred as accurately as possible.
If you need a vintage look and small but strong cables fender is the go-to.
- Audioblast HQ-1 is a flexible professional-grade instrument cable ideal for a myriad of patching applications.
- Audioblast cables are introduced to fill the need for a superior quality, professional-grade & affordable audio cable.
- Heavy-Duty Low-Profile Pancake plugs with Staggered Hand-Assembled Double Boots for Extra Durability.
- We at Audioblast guarantee that this is a professional-grade product, we are focused on bringing the highest value to our customers, we back all our gear with a no questions asked 5 year Replacement Warranty.
|Unit Count||1 Count|
|Item Weight||0.4 Pounds|
|Package Type||Standard Packaging|
The Audioblast HQ-1s are considerably longer than the majority of patch cables included in this comprehensive list. The cables can span those uncomfortably large gaps on your pedalboard at a length of 2 feet.
The discomfort of having to stretch patch wires from one pedal to another only to discover that the typical 6-inch length does not quite cut can occur frequently. Thankfully, you can experiment with alternative pedal orders without having to move your stomp boxes until you are certain that you like the new combination thanks to these low-noise, all-black Audioblast cables.
- Guitar patch cable are made of oxygen free copper(OFC), gold plated low profile pancake design, save space, heavy duty, durable and long service life.
- Multi shield of close lapped copper, less energy absorbed, less noise interference; ultra soft stretchy pvc jacket, good flex-life, waterproof and temperature resistant, great for live performance.
- Simply plug into guitar pedal, fit tight and complete, also easy to disassemble by two Phillips screws.
- Come in a pack of 6pcs patch cords, great for connecting effects pedals on a pedal board, allow the pedals to be placed close together.
|Color||6 Pack 6 Inch|
|Unit Count||3 Foot|
These patch cables are made of copper, which doesn’t contain any oxygen. The idea behind this construction is to keep them from corroding over time, which also enhances their sonic capabilities.
The fact that the connectors on these Timesetl Patch Cables are simple to remove with a Phillips screwdriver is one of the finest things I’ve learned about them. This means you won’t immediately need to spend money on another set of cables if one of the connectors later has a problem. You can just replace the broken connector.
Three high-performance patch cables with right angle, pancake-shaped, gold-plated connectors from Timesetl are included in this set. In order to ensure minimal noise interference, they employ a multi-shielding method. Additionally, the cables are waterproof and temperature-resistant, giving artists piece of mind when utilising them.
- The polyethylene dielectric and the high-density stranded copper double-shield provide noise rejection for quiet operation.
- 1/4 inch right angle gold-plated connectors, ensure a secure connection in any instrument, pedal, or amp jack.
- High purity OFC core of electric guitar instrument cable, Black Tweed Woven Jacket with 7mm(0.27 inch) outer diameter, make the cable strong and durable.
- Despite with multiple layers of shielding for maximum noise isolation, this guitar patch cables’ construction is still very flexible, not get tangled, so easy to pack at the end of your gig.
|Connector Type||Right Angle|
|Compatible Devices||Guitar Petal, Effect petal board|
|Special Feature||High Speed|
|Compatible Phone Models||Guitar patch cables|
I was impressed with the manufacturer’s choice of materials. They used 22AWG copper wire, which is oxygen-free and increases the cables’ lifetime, for low-noise performance.
Five layers of protection are applied to the cables. Although this may appear excessive, it ensures that the inner wires are completely protected and are hence impervious to interference and other electrical noise problems.
The Honest Kin Low Profile patch cables are an excellent complement to your setup, regardless of your playing style or the effects you employ on your pedalboard. All of the properties required to connect the effects on your pedalboard are present in these patch cables. They are adaptable, strong, and excellent at absorbing noise.
- Flexible, durable outer jacket protects against kinks
- Flat right-angle ends keep your pedalboard tight and tidy
- 90% coverage OFC spiral shield blocks interference
- Country of Origin: China
|Unit Count||1.47 Foot|
|Item Weight||0.25 Pounds|
The robustness of their outer covering. The thick material not only keeps your pedalboard from kinking and tangling, but it also guarantees that the interior wires and components are completely shielded from deterioration.
The MXR patch cables utilize a specifically created OFC spiral shield to reduce interference with the sound quality of your signal chain. As a result, noise problems that might otherwise degrade the quality of an instrument’s signal cannot interfere with how well pedals work.
For guitarists, bassists, or any other musician whose goal is to keep their pedalboard organised, the MXR Patch Cables are a wonderful complement. They are long-lasting due to their sturdy design, and if necessary, they may be manoeuvred into small spaces thanks to their flexibility. To ensure clear sound quality, only the best components are used to construct these patch cables. Their right-angled, flat connector shape lessens strain on the 1/4 inch jack plugs.
How to choose the best patch cable for you?
All artists utilize effects pedals to consciously alter their sound and tone, whether they play guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals, or any amplified instrument. The best instrument cables, power supply, and of course patch cables should all be used to achieve the greatest results.
I will give you all the knowledge you need to choose the appropriate patch cables to connect the effects on your pedalboard in the future sections of this guide.
Volume and Quality of patch cable
As musicians, we frequently favor excellence over quantity. This makes sense when deciding which instruments, amplifiers, or effects to buy because choosing cheaper gear to save money would ultimately compromise the quality of our sound.
The secret, though, is to seek both quality and quantity when it comes to patch cables. There is no harm in selecting a package that contains more patch cables if you just need eight for your pedalboard but potentially lacks the deluxe features of a more expensive patch cable.
Dimensions of a patch cable
Patch cables typically measure 6 inches or less in length. This is considered the usual length since it is long enough to reach the inputs and outputs of your pedals but not so long that the cables are tangled or readily obstruct movement.
If you need to connect two pedals that are farther away from your pedalboard, there are longer patch cables available that can be helpful. Wherever possible, shorter patch cables should be used because they keep your pedalboard neater and better organized.
When building your pedalboard, patch cables may not be the most exciting items you’ll buy, but they are nonetheless essential. By selecting a high-quality pair, you can get the maximum performance out of your pedals.
After reading this article, perhaps you know the necessary to select the best patch cables for your pedalboard. You can now profit from their audio and tonal advantages!