So in the last article we were discussing about the importance of the accessories of the guitar, here we will discuss about Why do we need Bass Guitar Case? And how do we choose which one is best?
Everything needs a outer layer to guard their inner structure or to extend the sturdiness of the inner body. The guitar is employed to play low musical sounds called “bass lines” in many sorts of music like rock, pop, country, jazz fusion and lots of more. Every musician has to transport his or her instrument. That’s just a fact of life.
A case is vital to safeguard your guitar from the weather and for transportation. There are two forms of bass guitar case:
- Hard shell Bass Guitar Case: If you’re a bassist who requires your instrument to survive and perform under but ideal situations, you just need a good-quality hard shell Bass Guitar Case. Though the comfort and light-weight convenience of gig bags are definitely appealing, they’re just not built to handle the trials of the road and also the abuse of standard gigging. A tough case, on the opposite hand, is engineered from the bottom up to require a pounding while keeping your precious 4-, 5, or 6-string safe from environmental hazards, falls, and fewer than courteous baggage handlers. Getting your bass from place to place in one piece is reason enough to keep it in this very case. You’ll need a straight forward time carrying the bass around with a case’s handle, and therefore the shell will stand between your instrument and anything which may cause damage or knock it out of tune. A rigid case is very important if you travel often, where it’ll need to take care of such hazards as packed touring vans or careless airline baggage handlers. There are many hard shell cases to decide on from, providing you with your choice of exterior and interior fit and finish. the normal rigid electric bass case is rectangular, but you’ll also associate with a violin-shaped case if that’s more your speed or if you’re moving an acoustic bass, of course. for fewer demanding travel, there also are lots of soft cases available.
- Soft Shell Bass Guitar Case (gig bags): If you’re jumping within the car to bring your bass to your buddy’s house for a musical performance or heading to a downtown gig from your home within the suburbs, a soft case makes lots of sense. It’ll be lighter and a touch easier to hold, to not mention more compact. Soft cases are easy to store, since you’ll collapse them down and stuff them within the back of a closet to avoid wasting space.
Be sure to contemplate the extras when you’re picking out a case, irrespective of which kind you are looking for. what quantity space for storing does one need within the case for your picks, extra strings and other accessories? does one want to be able to lock the case? Maybe you need a case with roller wheels to create it easier to tote through maze like airport terminals. make sure you’re getting all the features you would like. Whether you’re just entering into the bass and looking out for your first case or you are a seasoned pro replacing one that’s served you well, all of our guitar cases are worth a decent look and have identical features individually.
The proper case for you’ll be one that matches your bass model, can arise to the travel you intend to use it for and has the space for storing and features all that you simply need in your budget. If your guitar case doesn’t have adequate protection, it is time to seem into getting yourself a well-built, padded bass gig bag. If you are looking for a case for one bass and won’t have to put the other bass in it, a fitted bass case is your best bet. A universal-fit case, on the opposite hand, might not hold your axe during a satiny-iron grip, but it allows you to use it for a good kind of instruments.
Every bass player out there’ll tell you, they consider their guitar to be an extension of themselves or the simplest suited to themselves. That’s why such a lot of care and a focus is given to maintaining the standard of their instruments. And with a solid bass case or gig bag, you will be well on your thanks to protecting your prized bass whenever it isn’t in use. Before diving right in though, you must target your specific must decide if you’re more fascinated by a case or a gig bag.
If you are looking for something lightweight that you simply can take around town, you’re definitely within the marketplace for a gig bag. For electric basses, take a look at the uniquely designed MONO M80 Electric Bass Case. Extremely efficient capacity-wise, this easy-to-carry gig bag offers ample padded protection, an inside suspended neckbrace design, multiple storage pockets then rather more. and since it also includes a reinforced shell and a riveted handles, it’ll last for years on end.
On the opposite hand, if you go past plane or car plenty more, you may possibly be more fascinated by a tough case to avoid the damage to your guitar. Cases are a touch heavier than gig bags, cases offer even more safety for your bass. one in every of the best rated options during this section comes courtesy of Gator with their GW-Bass Laminated Wood guitar Case. Featuring a 3-ply cross grain Luan plywood construction covered in a very tough vinyl, it’s finished with triple chrome-plated hardware for knowledgeable touch.
And since it comes with a built-in locking system, only you’ll be able to access your bass at any given time. You’ve put within the time and energy to search out the proper bass, so you certainly must confirm you protect it with even as much care. Because this section has top brands like Gator, Fender, Dean, Ibanez, SKB, Musician’s Gear, Road Runner then many others though, you will have no problem finding exactly what you’re looking for.
The easiest thanks to protect your guitar is with a bass bag or case. Bass guitars take plenty of abuse, especially if you play live shows and engaged in tours.
Padded cases are favorable because they furnish an honest amount of protection, are light to hold and sometimes have extra pockets and shoulder straps for straightforward transport. Padded cases however don’t protect against temperature changes.
Hard cases in contrast provide excellent protection against temperature, humidity and physical damage and are essential for long journeys or plane flights. Compared to other models of storing, hard cases are out and away the foremost secure and if it’s secured properly in an exceedingly hard case almost nothing can happen to that.
How does one best protect that favourite guitar or guitars that you simply own?
Choosing cases may be both easy and clear-cut for several guitars, and extremely difficult for other guitars.
The hard wooden case is that the more traditional case for any guitar. It’s great for storing your guitar reception, in rehearsal storage, in your car. they have an inclination to even be the foremost aesthetically pleasing kind of case to own. they’ll be a bit tiring to hold around lots.
If you’re visiting be carrying your guitar plenty then there are the lightweight hard Foam/material cases. In some cases, they will be stronger than wooden cases in numerous ways.
For ultimate protection, take a glance through our bass flight cases. These are available in a good form of shapes, sizes, and weights but are all built to square up against the foremost unsettling of situations, especially a flight within the belly of an airplane. Companies like SKB and Gator have created multiple lines of those heavy-duty options, many even offering TSA (Transportation Security Administration) appointments that make travel easier. While these cases are bulkier and fewer economical than some options, when things entails it, you’ll be glad your instrument is safe and sound inside one.
Additional points you’ll be searching for
While protection of the one you love bass is that the most significant consideration when choosing a tough case, some models offer some other options you may want to think about. Because flight cases is bulky and heavy, some offer wheels and extendable handles for straightforward cartage. Rugged, TSA-approved latches are always visiting prevent time and headaches when traversing a busy airport. Heading out on a boat? Take a glance at our selection of military-grade, waterproof options. And Gator even offers cases with built-in LED lights, making backstage situations much easier.
ChromaCast CC-BPB-BAG Electric Bass Padded Gig Bag
ChromaCast padded gig bags have multiple pockets to suit altogether your essential accessories. The long top pocket is good for portable folding guitar stands, while the massive front pouch is good for piece, instruction books and for the other essentials from picks, cables and strings to a tablet or laptop! it’s two adjustable, padded shoulder straps made for hands free transport.
Multiple handles together with it make it easy to grab and go. Also features a Velcro neck strap to stay your guitar in situ, rubber bumpers and 10mm thick padding to assist protect your guitar from wear and tear. ChromaCast is devoted to crafting roadworthy products and providing the most effective in creative design and sturdiness. ChromaCast proves that you simply do not have to spend a fortune for quality music gear.
ChromaCast cases are designed to guard your instrument and keep it sounding its best. Durable wood construction features plush lined interior with extra neck and bridge padding for full support. Sturdy chrome latches and bumpers on bottom and sides of case add protection and stability. Molded handle allows for comfortable, easy transport. Also features large accessory compartment. Acoustic, Electric and Bass Guitars cases are also available.
Chroma Cast Gig Bag Features:
Chromacast Padded Gig Bags to suit all of your accessories! Each bag is padded, has pockets, two carry handles, and will straps. ChromaCast’s padded gig bags biggest feature is enough and has wide pockets which will fit all of your essential accessories.
• Enough space that permits you to hold all of your gear in one bag
• Six pockets make it easy to hold all of your music gear in one bag
• Two adjustable padded shoulder straps and two handles allows for simple transport between gigs, rehearsals or classes
• Interior Dimensions: 45.5″ Length x 11.5″ (upper bout)/ 13.5″ (lower bout) Width x 2.5″ Height
• Exterior Dimensions: 46″ Length x 12″ (upper bout)/ 14″ (lower bout) Width x 3″ Height
• Two adjustable padded shoulder straps and reinforced handle provide easy transport
• Velcro strap secures around your guitar’s neck to stay it in situ
• Rubber bumpers protect the surface of your bag
• 10mm thick padding
Chromacast CC-BHC Bass Guitar Hard Case
ChromaCast could be a well-known and trustable brand for cases, gig bags and every one the related accessory or items they provide. Chromacast hard cases are designed to guard your instrument and keep it sounding its best. Durable wood construction features plush lined interior with extra neck and bridge padding for full support. Sturdy chrome latches and bumpers on bottom and sides of case add protection and stability. Molded handle allows for comfortable, easy transport. Also features large accessory compartment. Available for Acoustic, Electric and Bass guitars.
Cromacast always remember the importance of presentation
Now that the pragmatic stuff is out of the way, there’s also something to getting your hands on a great-looking hardshell case that makes you’d wish to determine what’s inside. you may not want to beat these options informed the road, but when you’re pulling your vintage P Bass, Cromacast CC-BHC or custom Fodera bent have a play, one in every of those tweed or cream Tolex cases makes the experience that rather more enjoyable.
Lockable wood hard case with plush lined interior that features extra neck and bridge padding.
Sturdy chrome latches and bumpers on bottom and sides of case for added protection and stability. Comfortable molded handle. Large storage compartment for accessories.
Inside Length: 47.25″, Outside Length: 49″
Inside Body Length: 22″
Inside Lower Bout Width: 13.75″, Inside Upper Bout: 14″
Inside Height: 3″, Outside Height: 4″
Weight: 11.05 LBS
Gator Electric Bass Guitar Case (GBE-BASS)
Guitarists over the other musician, value the advantages of protection and storage for his or her gear. Guitars, amps, cables effects and other accessories all need safe transport. Luckily Gator’s got you covered. The Gator Lightweight Gig Bag for Bass Guitars (GBE-BASS) offers the rudimentary protection of a soft-shell bag furthermore because the heavy-duty durability of a Gator case.
The rugged nylon exterior is proof against rips, tears, and moisture while a top-to-bottom heavy-duty side zipper enclosure allows for straightforward loading and unloading. Inside, 10 mm of froth core padding provide extra protection. one exterior zipper pocket provides ample space for your favorite guitar strings, picks, and accessories. Keep your guitar safe with the Gator GBE-BASS Lightweight Gig Bag.
Read the review of 1 of my guitarist friend on Gator Cases And Mic Stand:
The Gator Series is that the Lamborghini of all guitar hard cases and bags. it’s sleek yet rugged and stable yet light. The clamps make it incredibly easy to dial within the right angle, and I’ve already gotten compliments from sound guys, musicians, and fans alike. These should be the new industry standard stands for professional gigs!’
• Rugged, 600-Denier nylon exterior forms a durable,
• water-resistant outer shield Dense,
• 10mm foam core padding keeps your guitar safe from bumps and scratches
• Reinforced headstock and neck support protects your instrument at its most vulnerable point
• Spacious exterior storage pocket keeps your favorite strings, picks and accessories organized
• Heavy-duty nylon carry handle gives you a firm grip
• Adjustable backpack straps makes it comfortable and straightforward to need your bag on the road
Cahaya Guitar Bag (Premium Version) 0.5 in
This is a Upgraded premium guitar case compatible for 41/42-inch guitars, Length: 43.7”, Neck width: 5.1”, Body thickness: 4.7”, Upper bout: 13.5”, Lower bout: 18”, and it’s larger than the previous Version.0.5-inch thick sponge padding, thicker-padded than previous version. it’ll surely protect your guitar from bumps and scratches.
Features of Cahaya Guitar Bag (Premium Version)
• Two exterior pouches+ pockets organizer
• A large front pocket for sheet music/documents and a further neck pocket for accessories (pedals, adapters, cables, tuners, etc.)
• The pocket organizer is right for your smart phone and tablet or other accessories and keeps everything in place.
• It comes up with waterproof oxford cloth exterior, back hanger loop, durable two-way metal zippers, non-slip silicone handle, firmly-stitched.
• Bigger Pocket: we’ve improved this premium guitar bag supported customer feedback by making its pocket bigger than before.
3. Ibanez IBB541 Powerpad guitar Gig Bag
Safe, sound and classy Gig bag. there’s no reason that a sleek, smartly-designed gig bag can’t keep your precious instrument secure further. With its padded bottom and sidewall, the Ibanez POWERPAD gig bag safely protects your guitar from bumps or scratches which is able to happen while you’re hustling to your next show or session.
Drop your laptop or tablet, strings, headphones, tuner and supplies in one altogether the four roomy pockets and you have got got everything you would like to roll. With its handsome design, matched color heavyweight zippers, the 541 POWERPAD series gig bags will never stray in an exceedingly sea of plain black canvas gig bags.
• Variety of colors
• Resilient 15mm thick cushion on the underside and sides
• 4 convenient storage pockets
• Belt inside the bag that securely grip and brace the neck of your guitar
• Handle on the rear side to remain the bag vertical
Exterior Length 1265mm
Exterior Width 430mm
Exterior Depth 70mm
Interior Overall Length 1240mm
Interior Lower Body Width 405mm
Interior Depth 50mm
Interior Upper Body Width 320mm
Interior Lower Body Length 570mm
Interior Neck Width 165mm